Our sanctioned competitions cater to all levels of ability, offering a fun, enjoyable and competitive experience for junior players. We sanction up to 100 competitions per season which are run on our behalf by qualified tournament organisers, catering for boys and girls at Under 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 age groups.
Results from these events count towards your England Squash ranking. Click here to find out more about junior rankings, and how to be included.
We are delighted to announce the start of 2021-22 junior sanctioned competitions circuit!
Following an extended period of inactivity due to COVID-19, we are thrilled that Copper and Bronze level competitions were able to take place during the summer months. All of these competitions were eligible for ranking points.
Moving into the new season, we will look reintroduce Silver, Gold and Diamond level competitions as well as hosting a variety of Copper and Bronze competitions around the country.
The updated Junior Sanctioned Competitions Rules & Regulations 2021/22 are now available. All competitions, organisers, spectators and participants will be subject to the regulations.
Changes for the upcoming season include:
- The introduction of a Mixed Under 9s age category and rankings system at Copper and Bronze level only
- The introduction of a new ranking points level known as 'Diamond'. Please see our update rankings policies.
- Pilot competitions specifically for Mixed Under 9s and Boys and Girls Under 11 divisions
All sanctioned competitions will be required to adhere to the UK government and any England Squash guidelines for safety protocols and risk mitigation. Furthermore, England Squash recognizes that each area of the country and specific facilities will have different requirements and protocols, and families will have different risk factors and willingness to engage in competition.
We ask that you provide all our fantastic competition organisers plenty of support in delivering these competitions. There will be challenges for them to overcome and they will rely on your support and cooperation to run these competitions in a safe and enjoyable way.
- The National Junior Rankings was frozen in April 2020 due to COVID19. Our first update since the suspension is now available. Please visit our Rankings page
- Please view our updated Rankings Policy to understand the changes that have been made due to COVID-19.
- Ranking lists are produced for Boys and Girls Under 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 categories. Our newly formed Mixed Under 9 category will start in September 2021.
- The rankings are calculated from tournament results on a rolling 12-month period. Due to COVID19 we will be extending this period to a 22-month period.
- A player’s best seven results from the previous 12 months (extended to 22-months from September 2021) are used to calculate their ranking.
Levels of Competition
We offer a full range of competitions suitable for all ability levels. Whether you are new to competitive squash or an experienced player, we can help you find the right competition level to support the development of your squash skills.
Check out our competition levels below before entering a competition.
The 2021-22 season will see the introduction of a new rankings level known as 'Diamond'. The level will sit above Gold ranking points but below Platinum level points. The Diamond level will be assigned to our two National competitions, the English Junior Championships and the British Junior Championships.
Who's it for? Our National competitions are open to all competitors providing our scheduling allows. These are a celebration of squash!
Copper competitions are the perfect way for players to start their competitive squash journey. These entry-level competitions are fun, engaging and allow new players to the sport, the opportunity to develop their skills.
Who's it for: aimed at locally based juniors who are new to the sanctioned competition circuit.
Use our competition search tool to find a copper competition!
Recently attended a competition?
We would like to know what you think.
Please feel free to fill in the competition feedback form below.